Friday, July 24, 2009

Afternoon Jog

One of the bad things about living across the street from this:


Is this:

Okay, so maybe this one is dead, but there is no way I would get remotely close to a snake that was alive. Even dead snakes are scary because you never know if they are just "playing dead", and I am always positive at any second they could come back alive and strike me. I was okay to get close to this one only after I realized someone had completely cut its head off. There was no chance of it coming back to life now. It does not look too big in the picture, but I assure you this thing was over 2 feet long...and that is without a head which was no where to be found. Who knows, maybe the head had another foot of body attached to it. That means there could potentially be 3 foot snakes living as my neighbors across the street! (Creepy cold chills)

The worst part is how I found this thing. I was trying to get some quality exercise in (I guess it is good for the baby or something), and as I was jogging up the road with the dogs, Gizmo would not stop sniffing something. When I went to investigate what he was sniffing, I saw this giant snake, FREAKED OUT, and started running for my life. I assure you marathon runners in the Olympics could not have outrun me at that moment. I did not notice at that time the head was gone. Who in their right mind would see a snake that size right next to them and stop to think if it had a head. No way...I was out of there. On my run back home, I saw that it had not moved, so I pulled up my panties and decided to take a closer look. Of course as I was taking a picture of it, a grasshopper jumped on my leg and made me run like a little girl all the way home. I don't think I will be taking too many more jogs down the wilderness side of our street in the future. I have a new found love for my gym pass at 24-Hour Fitness.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Chelsea, you make me LOL!