Tuesday, January 6, 2009

TEXAS

Robie and I had a great time visiting my family and celebrating the New Year in my home state of TEXAS!!! It was so nice to take a break from school and work and see my family. Best of all, it was warm! It was mostly in the 70's but one day it got up to 82 degrees! I was so thrilled to get a pink cowgirl hat AND some authentic cowgirl boots! No TEXAS girl can be without these items.
Robie had fun playing golf with my dad.

For New Years, Robie and I hung out in San Antonio, Texas. (Which happened to be where the biggest New Years party in all of Texas was.) We saw the Alamo and ate dinner on the river walk.

We were able to spend tons of time with family, and played many games of "Killer Bunnies".


On the way home from San Antonio, we stopped to see the San Antonio Temple.


I was so happy to spend time with my cat, Rolley Polley, and my family's new dog, Hershey.


We had such a nice time visiting my family in Texas. It was so sad when it was time to leave knowing we would have to go back to the freezing snow. Now we will just have to wait until August when my family comes to Utah for my graduation.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I have wanted to go to San Antonio for a while to the rive walk. I am a little jealous. Glad you guys are home.

Russ and Misty said...

I am so jealous, I wish it was in the 70s here.

Rock's said...

Happy New Years! So glad you guys had such a great time! Hey...Calif is always warm in Jan! You'll have to visit us:)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Great blog! Looks like you had a great holiday, too! Dan came up to Colorado. Check out my blog and see us! You can get to it from the Rock's blog.
Love ya!
Lecia