Tuesday, December 23, 2008
HATE
This post is to let out my frustrations about how much I HATE the snow! Today is my ONE AND ONLY day off from work to shop for Christmas and enjoy the holiday. I have been looking forward to this ONE day off for a while so I could get stuff done. SO, I woke up, prepared a nice breakfast, and got ready for the day to run some holiday errands. After practically 30 minutes of scrapping the icy snow off my car, it was time for me to head off. However, as I pushed the gas petal, my car did not move. So, I spent another 30 minutes shoveling around my car to make a pathway for exit. Still, just burning rubber as my tires continued to spin and go nowhere. Feeling frustrated, I used small tools to get under my car and chisel any snow or ice away from my tires, in hopes I could free my vehicle from the winter. Still no luck. As I walked back inside, frustrated, freezing cold, and covered in snow, I slipped and landed in a pile of road slush. Pretty much now at this point I am just pissed off and full of hate for the fluffy white stuff that falls from the sky. I now realize that when people say you "burn in hell", you are really not burning from fire, but rather from snow because when you are in snow long enough, you start to feel like you are burning. This is a similar feeling of what I am experiencing now. The snow is not my friend, and anything associated with snow is now the object of hate in my life. I know my friends and family in Texas are praying for snow this holiday, but if it snows when we visit there next week, I will seriously have a mental breakdown and probably have to be put in a hospital. If I have not made it clear enough, the snow is evil. It is a form of anthrax that falls from the sky to kill you and your dreams. A "white Christmas" is not something to be celebrated, but rather mourned. I look forward to the day I will live somewhere where there is not a flake of snow EVER! So now, I am freezing and stuck at home alone until Robie comes back from work so I can cram a whole days worth of holiday errands into a 2 hour period. What a wonderful Christmas this year will be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! someone else who shares my snow hatred. I'm with ya.
Chels....write a snow book and then you'll make enough money to live at the beach! haha! Now you know why I ignore my dad's "utah house for sale" ads-haha! I love you ...you are the best!
Post a Comment