I have been missing my family a lot lately. It is so hard living so far away from family, especially when you have kids and often need your mom for advice, support, and sanity. A few weeks ago, I was telling Robie about how much I missed my family as we were driving to visit his parents. Just then, I got a phone call from my parents. They said they were driving to a church meeting, and decided to call and say hello. I thought it was great timing, and it really made my day.
Later that day, Robie told me his brother was having issues with his landlord, so he was going to stay the night at our house until things settled down. I didn't think anything of it, and I made up the guest room and cleaned the house for his arrival. Around 10pm, Robie drove off to pick up his brother. I got comfy in my pajamas and started watching some TV. About an hour later, I hear the garage door open and Robie walks in....but instead of his brother with him, he was standing with my mom. At first I was a little shocked, but then it hit me that my mom was here in Utah at my house with me! That's when the floodgates opened and the tears rushed in. The ugly cry happened. Of course Robie got the whole thing on video as he was smiling ear to ear since he just pulled off such an amazing surprise.
Even though my mom could only come for a few days, we were able to make the best of every minute. We went to the Museum of Ancient Life (Dinosaur Museum), played at a park, celebrated my mom's birthday, did a little shopping, and ate a lot of food, and even got to go on a date. It was almost like a dose of therapy having her visit, and it was so wonderful seeing Jax and Gavin spend time with their Omee. Best surprise ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment