6 Month Stats
Weight: 18 lbs (57%)
Height: 28.25 in (92%)
Head: 17.5 in (79%)
With how chunky and thick this little boy is, I was sure he would have higher stats for his weight, but I guess he is taller than I thought and his height is what keeps his growing out of clothes lately. Gavin's 6 month half birthday was the day before my birthday, so I decided to make him a half birthday cake (which was also my bday cake) to celebrate. He didn't get to eat any of it, but I assured him it was very delicious.
6 months begins some of my favorite stages for babies! They are so fun at this age! I love how much personality Gavin has, and it seems like everyday he is learning something new.
- Wears 9-12 month clothes
- Size 3 diapers
- My supply dropped a ton after I got mastitis a few weeks ago, so now I am nursing only at night and he gets formula during the day
- Loves veggies- squash, sweet potatoes, greens. Will eat fruit as long as I mix it with cereal, but he doesn't really like applesauce.
- Rolls around all over the place. We have to start babyproofing the house again, because he gets into everything. He is trying really hard to crawl, but mostly just ends up moving around in circles or scooting backwards.
- Got his first teeth at 5 1/2 months (just like Jaxon). Here is a picture I took the moment I realized his first tooth had finally broken through. I was happy, but it also makes me sad because I love his gummy baby smile. It just means he is growing up too fast.
- He has also learned to sit up. He still needs a little help since he falls over a lot with his giant bobble head helmet, but he can sit for a long time on his own and gets better at it every day.
- Gavin has the cutest chunky thights and butt! I wish cellulite looked as good on me as it does him.
- I think he was more like 5 months, but he was in his swing and I walked into the kitchen for a second when I heard a THUD and screaming. I ran into the living room and Gavin was on his stomach crying with a little blood on his cheek and lip and Jaxon was running away. I am 99% sure Jaxon tried to get Gavin out of his swing and totally dropped him, but I still don't know what happened. All I know is I felt like the worst mom ever and Gavin had his first battle wounds.
- Gavin loves sleeping on my bed. He only takes about 20 minute naps during the day, so it is really hard for me to shower or get anything done in 20 minutes while he sleeps. If I put him on my bed though, he will sleep forever. I still have to watch him though, because now that he is rolling I am worried he will roll off my bed.
- I am in love with this little guy's laugh. It is the cutest little chuckle ever. He is super ticklish and loves to squeal and growl when he is happy. No one can make him laugh more than Jaxon though. He thinks anything Jaxon does is the funniest thing. Jax can do something funny and Gavin laughs hysterically. I do the same thing, and Gavin won't even smile. I love how much they love each other and get along.
We love you Gavin! I know I say this all the time, but please stop growing! I want you to stay my little baby forever!


1 comment:
Oh he is just an adorable baby and I think the helmet only adds to it!! What a stud in that little suit and tie.
Post a Comment