As I was getting everything ready for the baby, I had Robie bring up our baby swing that was in storage. I bought new batteries and was so excited to get it working again since it's one of my favorite baby items. When I opened the battery compartment, I realized I had left the old batteries in and they had totally corroded the whole thing! I was so mad, but decided to try and clean it out before I had a breakdown. As I attempted to cleaned the battery acid off, the coils started breaking off and I just knew there was no hope. I was so mad and started to cry. Then I decided to search Google to see if there was any hope of fixing the problem. I came across a blog where this lady had the same thing happen, and she balled up aluminum foil to replace the broken springs. Bless that woman, because it totally worked! I was jumping for joy and felt like MacGyver after defusing a bomb and saving the world. So, if you ever have the same problem, remember aluminum foil is the key.
Robie is SO ready for this pregnancy to be over, because I have been a totally beast lately. I am sure he is excited to get his normal, non-hormonal wife back. I feel really bad for him. The sad thing is, I totally know I am being irritable, but I seriously can't stop it from happening. The other day I went psycho crazy because I couldn't find a lid to some tupperware, then I started screaming about how everything is stupid in the world, then I got mad at Robie for helping me look for the tupperware and not being able to find it, and then I got mad at Jaxon for not eating his dinner because I just knew he was doing it on purpose to make me even angrier. The worst part is I KNEW I was being totally irrational the whole time, but I couldn't stop the madness. I am losing my mind people. Completely losing it!
As far as food goes, I haven't had any crazy abnormal cravings. I do have daily cravings for a cold Coke or Coke Slurpee, which is the same thing I constantly wanted when I was pregnant with Jaxon. I have also been eating a lot of apples lately....like 2-3 apples a day. Other than that, I mostly just snack and drink a lot of red raspberry tea or hot chocolate.
Another thing that sucks about this pregnancy compared with my last, is I have this awesome (-ly horrible) thing called symphysis pubis dysfunction. Basically, my hormones are way excessive (ya think?!) and cause my pelvis to relax more than normal. This makes the bone shift and split apart too much, making it super painful to walk/move/lift a leg/do anything. Here are some pics from Google since obviously they can't x-ray me right now.
It literally feels like someone put a wedge between my bone, and every time I walk they bang it with a mallet. It's a horrible sharp pain, and sometimes I can't even lift my leg to put pants on. There have been days when I couldn't go up or down our stairs and I had to crawl to get to my bedroom. My doctor said it will go away after delivery, but that every pregnancy I have after this one will only make it worse. Can't wait.
Although I am so excited to have another son, I can't deny that I have been a little sad thinking about how Jax won't be an only child anymore. Things are so easy and comfortable with him right now. We can go places easily and he understands almost everything I say. I am scared about how things are going to change and how he is going to handle it. I just hope he loves his brother after the new-ness wears off, and I can get both boys on a schedule. I am also really nervous about breastfeeding. It didn't work the way I wanted it to with Jaxon, and I am really determined to give it my all this time. I took a breastfeeding class at the hospital that has given me a lot of encouragement, but I hope when the time comes I can push through any challenges that come up and make it work.
Other than that, things are going well. The baby is healthy and loves practicing karate, punching my bladder, and hiccuping at least 5 times a day. I don't get a lot of sleep, and can usually be found bouncing on my yoga ball during the day while Jaxon watches Sesame Street for the thousandth time. I have been really resisting taking belly pics this pregnancy, but I figured I need to have some documentation to look back on. So, here I am over the weekend at almost 39 weeks and totally ready to have this baby. Send thoughts and prayers our way for a happy and healthy delivery come Friday.
9 comments:
That's so crazy about tin foil working for the batteries! I had no idea! I know how ya feel about being hormonal, but I feel like it didn't change much after I had my baby...other than I just cried all the time instead of being onery-and no I don't think I had post-partum depression, just emotional over everything (unless that IS PPD). Anyway I'm so excited for you! Good luck friday and I hope everything goes well :)
Exciting! You all will do great!
Good luck on Friday!!! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy :) Jaxon will be a great big brother...you are so lucky to have such an easy-going son while you are having your pelvic problems (that sounds so horrible)! Elijah goes crazy with all his pent-up energy if we don't get out of the house and do things...I can't imagine not being able to...he would be a monster!! And good luck with breast-feeding! You can do it!! It really gets so much easier as they get bigger. The newborn stage is the hardest.
oh im so sorry you are having pelvis problems! that sounds so horrible!! thank goodness u will have that baby here in no time. goodluck on friday!! so exciting!
I was induced with Avery and it was AWESOME!! I got my epidural fairly early (like when the contractions hurt to the point of me shutting my eyes and breathing heavy) ... and then I watched a movie, and I was at a 10. I pushed 4 times for 10 seconds each - it was great (although the 3 weeks after was horrible only because I had some leftover placenta in my uterus and had to get a D&C after 3 weeks). you will do great - good luck!
i never saw a picture with you 9 months pregnant! you look so cute!
I had symphysis pubis dysfunction with parker too! the worst!! it hurt worse at night which sucked cause i could barely get myself out of bed the 20 times i had to pee during the night.
Total blog stalker here, found you through Alex Shipp (we were in our sophomore year ward together) and just had to comment - my mom told me that she had the same pelvic problem when she was pregnant with me, BUT (for your future pregnancies!) there is something called a pregnancy girdle that basically holds the hips together and stops the pain! She said that she was so mad someone didn't tell her about it earlier because she had spent so much time in excruciating pain when there was a simple solution. I googled "Pregnancy Girdle" and got a lot of hits for belly bands, so this would be a good question to pose to the doc for next time to make sure you get the right thing. (She found out from one of the doctors she rotated through in the last few months of pregnancy.) It would be awful to stay in such pain the whole time, in addition to the discomfort of carrying a baby around! Congrats on your sweet babies :)
Total blog stalker here, found you through Alex Shipp (we were in our sophomore year ward together) and just had to comment - my mom told me that she had the same pelvic problem when she was pregnant with me, BUT (for your future pregnancies!) there is something called a pregnancy girdle that basically holds the hips together and stops the pain! She said that she was so mad someone didn't tell her about it earlier because she had spent so much time in excruciating pain when there was a simple solution. I googled "Pregnancy Girdle" and got a lot of hits for belly bands, so this would be a good question to pose to the doc for next time to make sure you get the right thing. (She found out from one of the doctors she rotated through in the last few months of pregnancy.) It would be awful to stay in such pain the whole time, in addition to the discomfort of carrying a baby around! Congrats on your sweet babies :)
Thanks so much for the tip! I've heard the pain gets worse with every pregnancy, so I will have to try that next time around.
Post a Comment