Friday, November 9, 2012

Back it up- October Happenings

October is one of my favorite months of the year.  I love everything about fall, pumpkins, leaves changing, and Halloween.  We were able to go to a few different events in October, with the first being our visit to Hee Haw Farms.  Corn mazes, petting zoo, pumpkin patches, train rides, wagon rides, slides, and pony rides. Love that place!



The picture above is seriously one of my favorite pictures of Jaxon EVER.  It's so hard to capture his true smile on camera, and this picture got it at the perfect moment.  He was so happy to have that bunny on his lap.

Our next October happening was an adult's only masquerade ball that our friends put on.  It was a lot of fun and there were a lot of awesome costumes that people wore.


Next, we went to our ward's Trunk-Or-Treat.  It was definitely smaller than the ones we have in our ward in Texas, but it was fun and gave Jax a practice round before Halloween.


The next day we headed over to the River Woods Shopping Center where they had a Halloween Festival.  They had face painting, balloon animals, a petting zoo, music, and Trick-Or-Treating for kids.  Robie took Jaxon around while I slowly followed behind them since I started having some pregnancy pains that day.


Last, was Halloween night.  By this time, Jaxon had the whole Trick-Or-Treating thing down.  He was a champ and loved going door to door getting candy.  I would say at least 50 percent of the houses he went to called him a cute little girl.  I guess a duck is a uni-sex costume, and he does have my giant eyes and long lashes, so it didn't really bug me that much.  I guess he is just a pretty boy.  Next year we will have to give him a totally masculine costume.

We went to Payson to trick or treat in Robie's mom's neighborhood.  I was still having really REALLY bad pain every time I walked, but I really wanted to at least go to a couple houses with Jaxon.  I made it down one street before the pain was unbearable and I also started getting some contractions.  It made me a little sad, but it was really cute watching Jax walk around with his daddy.  When it got dark, I ended up getting in our car and following them around as they went house to house.  I got a few stares from people, because I definitely looked like a creepy lurker driving all slow in our car.

 

 Most kids want to go home and eat all of their candy.  Not Jaxon.  He literally spent a good hour or two just transferring candy from one bowl to another.  This kid loves organizing things!  He was in a crazy zone moving his loot from bowl to bowl until we finally had to snap him out of it so he could go to bed.  I really think he would have been there all night if we let him.  Fortunately he isn't into eating candy yet, so we have not had to worry about the sugar overload.  Unfortunately that leaves all of that candy just sitting there and I have been eating way too much.  Thank goodness we teach Sunday School and can pawn it off to the teenagers in our class.  Yay for Halloween- the best holiday of the year!

2 comments:

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Jaxon is sooo dang cute! I absolutely LOVE that picture of him holding the bunny by pumpkins!!! He really is adorable! So you're already having that bad of pains? How much longer do you have? That's crazy! Hopefully your next little guy will come soon!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness the bunny picture is ADORABLE!! Framer, for sure!! And I LOVE your bangs. They're so cute. Makes me want to get some because my hair is always in a ponytail these days, and even your ponytail looks cute with your cute bangs! PS. Elijah used the McD's happy meal bucket for trick-or-treating too :)