Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Turning 23

Ya know when it's your birthday, and when you wake up the day feels different.  It's YOUR day, and you can feel it inside.  You just have that special day feeling, ya know?  Well, Monday was my birthday, and when I woke up....there was nothing.  It was just another day, and I was another year older.  What does that mean?!  I guess I have hit that point where birthdays are not party hats and balloons anymore.  Maybe I had a case of the Monday blues.  Is that even a saying?  Anyways, I got ready for the day and drove to work just like any other day.

Me at work:

The day was really slow.  In phone sales, no one you talk to on the phone knows it is your birthday, and if they did they probably would not care.  Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who wanted to turn my boring birthday into a special day for me. When I got home from work, he gave me a flower, a bunch of Easy Mac, my FAVORITE kind of sparkling grape juice, and even wrote in a card for me (this is a HUGE deal).  Then, he wanted to take me out to dinner.  Me, being boring, told him I would rather just stay home and relax in my pjs.  Little did I know, he had planned for our friends to meet us at dinner.  So, what did he do?  He called our friends and had them come to our house to play games and eat dessert.  How nice, huh!  This made my boring day a lot better. Thanks to my friends for coming over to celebrate my birthday with me!  Yeah for being 23!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I think when you don't get that special Birthday feeling... (Yes I am going to say it) You are getting old and Birthdays are starting to be just another day. Why does it have to be this way??? I would like to say it doesn't but lets get real we are not 6 or 16 anymore. Birthdays are just not as cool. Sad.

But Happy Birthday anyways! Love ya