First, let me explain I started this from a friend's husband who lost a TON of weight. He was buying food from a chiropractor that was all sugar free, and the results were amazing. I had to check it out. It's called the Ideal Protein (IP) Diet, and it works. I hate calling it a diet, but that is what it is.
Breakfast:
- IP crispy cereal
- IP oatmeal
- IP chocolate pancakes
- IP omelet
- IP chocolate shake
Lunch:
- IP chocolate shake and broccoli
- IP banana shake and asparagus
- IP crispy cereal and green beans
- IP chili and lettuce (like PF Change lettuce wraps)
- Lemon pepper chicken and broccoli
- One chicken breast, drizzle with olive oil, add lemon pepper and spices, bake in oven, squeeze lemon juice on top. Serve with steamed broccoli and salt to taste.
- Beef sirloin/tenderloin and asparagus
- One juicy steak, add seasonings, cook on grill. Serve with grilled asparagus with olive oil and salt.
- Pork tenderloin and green beans
- Heat olive oil in skillet, add pork tenderloin, cook til no pink in middle, add paprika, salt, and pepper. Serve with steamed green beans.
Snack:
- Sugar free jello
- IP Chocolate pudding
- IP Mango peach drink
So, most of you are not going to pay money for special food every week, and that is totally okay. I don't plan on buying the IP food for long, but it has helped me personally, to make sure I stick to my diet. If I am paying for it, I feel like I HAVE to stick with it or all that money has gone down the drain. Again, that is just me. For those of you who have better self control, there are tons of great sugar free items you can get at the grocery store.
If you are seriously considering going all out sugar free, or just want to cut back on your sweets, here are a few tips to live by:
- Walden Farms is a company that makes sugar free AND calorie free dressings, syrups, bbq sauces, pasta sauces, and more.
- Know the difference between being hungry and having a craving.
- Have a craving? Run to 7-11 and get a crystal light slurpee. It's like a dessert, it fills you up, and it's sugar free!
- Keep sugar free jello on hand for those late night snack attack moments. It's low calorie and sugar free. I like to buy the pre-packaged jello cups, so they are always ready when I need a quick fix.
- Eat your vegetables! The greener, the better. Experiment on ways to cook your vegetables. Grilled, steamed, raw, boiled, chopped, stir-fried...you never know until you try it. I am the first to admit I hate vegetables, but I have enjoyed trying new things. Last night I tried Red Chard for the first time. Guess what? It was actually pretty good.
Ziplock Steamer Bags- great for steaming anything in seconds. Even Red Chard.
Take multi-vitamins. Even if you are not changing your eating style, this is still a good idea.
Don't expect people to cater to you when you go out to eat. At any restaurant, you can make it work. Just tell the cook how you want your food prepared, and be specific. Example: At Chili's, I get the Margarita Grilled Chicken with a double side of broccoli- no butter, no tortilla chips, and no pico. Delicious and healthy.
Don't beat yourself up if you get set back. It's okay to eat a bite of that molten chocolate cake at Chili's, just don't eat the whole thing.
So far, I am down 15 pounds! (20 lost since December) Soon, I will be re-introducing whole grains and fruit back into my life. The most important thing is to stay true to yourself, listen to your body, and be healthy. The #1 thing motivating me is knowing I feel healthier inside. It can be hard, but never give up. The first step is ALWAYS the hardest to take.

1 comment:
chelsea, your awesome, I to am trying to eat better, thanks for all your ideas.
Post a Comment