Wednesday, April 14, 2010

But No Elephants

In an effort to regulate my hormones and lose weight, I have cleansed my liver of sugar completely.  What does this mean?  It means:
  • No candy- even on Easter
  • No ice cream
  • No bread- yes, bread has sugar
  • No "Muffin Wednesdays" at work
  • No rice
  • No starchy veggies (carrots, peas, potatoes)
  • No sugary fruits
  • No fast food
  • No sauces
  • No dressings
  • No juice
  • No soda
  • No chocolate
  • and the worst....NO ELEPHANTS!  (Okay, maybe I don't eat elephants, but this was one of my favorite childhood books.  Random, I know.)

    It's been hard and I have been tempted, but for 2 weeks now I can honestly say I have not cheated once.  There are times when all I want is a giant BBQ bacon burger, but all the cravings leave when I see the number drop on the scale and my jeans get a little looser.  The best thing is I feel healthier, and I have more energy.  It's weird how eliminating sugar gives you more energy.  When I hit my goal, you can count on me celebrating with my good friends Ben and Jerry.  I'll just be sure to share them, so history does not repeat itself.

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Chelsea! Love the "But No Elephants" part!!! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'll definitely continue reading about your progress. You've motivated me to want to give it another try (perhaps this summer when I can really focus on it!) and maybe you can start posting some of the things you do eat and sharing recipes ... maybe but only if you have time! Thanks again!!!

    Aunt Michelle

    Monica said...

    Wow...that would be so hard!! Way to go!

    The Nothums said...

    So what DO you eat? Sounds like you've eliminated everything but the weeds out of the backyard. :)

    Unknown said...

    OK Chelsea ... sounds like all of us want to know what you eat! Spill the beans ... NOW! :)