I took a couple pictures in our back yard of Gavin and his little helmet a while back. I think they turned out really cute. I found him the perfect shirt that matches his helmet. I love his little smile.

He was supposed to be in his helmet for 3-6 months. After a month, his head had already shown a cm of growth in the back, and after 2 months he had hit his number for the best possible outcome. His head looks so good now. The helmet was 100% worth it. It doesn't even fit his little head anymore! He is growing so fast!
Sometimes I kind of miss him wearing it, because I think he looks so cute with it on, but most of the time I am glad he doesn't have to wear it. Towards the end, he was getting really sweaty and it itched his head a lot. A couple of times he would try and scratch his head, and he would end up gouging his head with his nails. Even though I cleaned it every day, it also started to smell gross towards the end like a dirty cast. He has one more appointment next month with his doctor just to make sure his head doesn't have any regression. If it does, they will shave out more foam from the inside of his helmet so he can wear it a little longer, but I am confident his head will be fine. Here is a pic from before his helmet, after one month wearing it, and after two months wearing it. I love his little head.



No comments:
Post a Comment