Step 1: Cleaning
Robie told me we couldn't even think about buying stuff until we cleaned out the massive black hole we called a computer room. I didn't even know where to start, but little by little and week by week I worked on it until it was clear.
Step 2: Planning
After getting the carpets steam cleaned, I started researching all the items needed to make an awesome little boy's room. I knew I wanted there to be a twin bed, a dresser, and a bookshelf. So, we headed to IKEA to check out the possibilities.
Step 3: Buying
I have a love/hate/despise relationship with IKEA. I love going inside and seeing all the rooms showcased giving me endless possibilities of ways I can organize and decorate. I hate getting to the checkout lane and realizing all those cheap "Only $1.99" items have somehow added up to a fortune. (Can you tell how excited Robie was?!)...
Step 4: Building
...and then the despise part comes in when you get home and realize you actually have to set up and build all the crap you just bought. Last time Robie and I built IKEA furniture together, let's just say things didn't end well. This time we had amazing doughnuts and a little caffeine- which of course makes everything better. After everything was done, we had wasted a good 10 hours of our lives and Jaxon's room was nearly complete.
Step 5: Decorating
I really like the bed we ended up getting. I actually wanted to get a smaller daybed, but Robie and Jax fell in love with this canopy bunk bed at IKEA. Robie said every little boy needs a cool bed when they are little, and I actually love how this one can be flipped upside down to make a bunk bed. For now, Jax is still in his crib, but he loves this bed so hopefully it will be an easy transition when the time comes.
Another cool thing in his room is the little bead roller coaster table. Robie's mom was able to find it at a yard sale for $5. Jaxon loves to play with it and it matches his room perfectly.

I put together the alphabet and number framed pictures below this week. The frames were cheap $2 frames at Wal-mart that I spray painted red, and the posters were printed from THIS adorable website. I love how they turned out.
The only thing I was a little sad about in his room was that I had to cover up the pattern on his name to better match his new room colors. When I was pregnant with Jaxon, decorating his name with carefully picked out scrapbook paper was one of the first things I did for his nursery. While I was Mod-Podging over the cute teal and brown owl paper that matched his old room, I felt I was finally letting go of Jax being a baby and accepting the fact that he is now a mostly independent toddler. I am glad I changed it up, and I think it looks really good in his new room.
Since Jaxon's name went into his new room, it was time to buy some letters and make the new baby's name official. I was unnecessarily stressing out on what colors of paper to buy at the craft store to cover the letters, so Robie ended up picking them out on his own. He ended up picking the perfect colors to match the birds in the nursery. If you know Robie, you know he is not crafty at all, so I was pretty impressed. Besides a new name on the wall, the nursery is pretty much the same as before. Now we just need little Gavin to get here, and everything will be complete.
This picture was at 32 weeks, but I am 34 weeks now. I feel uncomfortable, huge, and slow, so I guess that means things are going well. I am having a lot of painful contractions already. Some days I will get one, and other days I will get 8 or more. One day I got a lot, and I really felt like I was going to die. My doctor said the next time I get like that, I need to go into labor and delivery to get checked, so hopefully that doesn't happen again. I have the oh so wonderful rare anti-M antigen present in my blood again this time, which means I get bi-weekly blood draws to make sure my body isn't building antibodies and attacking the baby. I had the same thing with Jaxon, so I am a little more prepared for the possibilities, but it still sucks. Luckily there is a low likelihood anything will happen, so I just try and stay positive. At my doctor appointment this Thursday, I get to schedule an inducement date. I can't believe this little baby will be here next month!







1 comment:
Jaxon's room is cute! That bed will be fun for him! He hasn't slept in it yet? It will be a hard transition since he knows he can get in and out of it himself but hopefully with how fun and colorful it is will make him like it. You look good! Just a few more weeks! I'm sorry you're having hard contractions :( I contract a lot but they don't hurt so I guess I'm lucky...well I wouldn't consider bed rest lucky but anyway good luck in the future :) So excited you'll have two little boys to be buds! And Gavin was one of my brothers' names :) Love it!
Post a Comment